Definition of Mind-set
1. Noun. A habitual or characteristic mental attitude that determines how you will interpret and respond to situations.
Generic synonyms: Attitude, Mental Attitude
Derivative terms: Mental, Mental
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mind-set Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mind-set
Literary usage of Mind-set
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Educational Method by National education association of the United States Dept. of supervisors and directors of instruction (1922)
"mind-set and learning "This is what we have been all the time leading up to. ... A strong mind-set to accomplish an end means exactly a strong inner urge. ..."
2. The Psychology of Childhood by Naomi Norsworthy, Mary Theodora Whitley (1918)
"A third difference between children and adults in their perception lies in the power of " mind's set," or the passing mental content to determine the ..."
3. Fair Isn't Always Equal: Assessing and Grading in the Differentiated Classroom by Rick Wormeli (2006)
"... and Mastery CHAPTER The Differentiated Instruction mind-set: Rationale and Definition R:call your days as a student in middle and high school. ..."
4. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1905)
"It was argued in the case just cited that the executor, who in good faith, in his own mind, set apart and appropriated a promissory note for $1000 as a part ..."
5. Nation Against State: A New Approach to Ethnic Conflicts and the Decline of by Gidon Gottlieb (1993)
"It has features that connote a mind-set that differs from that which prevails ... This mind-set stresses single-issue "policies" over the rich range of ..."
6. The Function of Ideals and Attitudes in Social Education: An Experimental Study by Paul Frederick Voelker (1921)
"The attitude is a mind "set" in a certain direction. It thus becomes a mechanism as well as a drive. Its advantage in the control of conduct lies in the ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Mind-set