¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Misdescription
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Misdescription Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Misdescription
Literary usage of Misdescription
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Prideaux's Precedents in Conveyancing: With Dissertations on Its Law and by Frederick Prideaux, John Whitcombe (1889)
"One in common use provides that misdescription in the particulars shall not annul ... What is such a misdescription as will entitle a purchaser at least to ..."
2. The Law Relating to Particulars and Conditions of Sale on a Sale of Land by William Frederick Webster (1889)
"An " essential misdescription " is one whereby the purchaser was induced to purchase something which but for such misdescription he would never have ..."
3. The Law of Contracts by Samuel Williston, Clarence Martin Lewis (1920)
"Warehouseman is liable for the non-existence or misdescription of goods. Section 20. ... Mehrle, for an innocent misdescription of the 112 NYS 1093. goods. ..."
4. Digest of the Law of Evidence on the Trial of Actions at Nisi Prius by Maurice Powell, Henry Roscoe (1891)
"Clarke v. Gallon;, 46 LJ, QB 53, CA As to when a written contract is dispensed with by part performance, vide ante, pp. 309 et seq. Fraud—misdescription. ..."
5. A Treatise on the Specific Performance of Contracts by Edward Fry (1892)
"Quite apart from any consideration of fraud, where there is in a contract a misdescription " in terial mis- „,..., i • i -i • a material and substantial ..."
6. The Canada Law Journal by Law Society of Upper Canada, William S. Hein & Company, Canadian Bar Association (1887)
"Considerable variation is noticeable in the practice of the Courts of Equity in granting compensation to a purchaser for a misdescription innocently made by ..."
7. A Concise Treatise on the Law Relating to Sales of Land by Aubrey St. John Clerke, Hugh McNab Humphry (1885)
"Effect of misdescription i. Whether it avoids the contract ii. ... No misdescription . ii. misdescription corrected by notice . iii. Waiver .... 5. ..."
8. A Treatise on the American Law of Landlord and Tenant by John Neilson Taylor (1887)
"misdescription of Reversioner immaterial. — A special reservation was anciently construed strictly according to the words employed, and if it ran to the ..."