2. Verb. To categorize incorrectly. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Mistype
1. to type incorrectly [v -TYPED, -TYPING, -TYPES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mistype Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mistype
Literary usage of Mistype
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Manual of Church History by Albert Henry Newman (1903)
"mistype of doctrine was essentially like that of Bucer and Bui- linger, being intermediate between Zwingli's and Luther's and free from the harsher aspects ..."
2. Concrete Abstractions: An Introduction to Computer Science Using Scheme by Max Hailperin, Barbara Kaiser, Karl Knight (1999)
"In the dialog at the beginning of this section, did the order taker really mistype the number, or did the customer read it incorrectly? ..."
3. The Inform Designer's Manual by Graham Nelson (2001)
"Presumably it was a mistype for x == 5 meaning "test x to see if it's equal to 5". Unlike C, Inform uses ':' to divide parts of a 'for' loop specification: ..."