Definition of Mitral valve prolapse
1. Noun. Cardiopathy resulting from the mitral valve not regulating the flow of blood between the left atrium and left ventricle of the heart.
Medical Definition of Mitral valve prolapse
Mitral Valve Prolapse Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mitral Valve Prolapse Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mitral Valve Prolapse
Literary usage of Mitral valve prolapse
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Clinician's Handbook of Preventive Services: Put Prevention Into Practice by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
""Persons who have mitral valve prolapse associated with thickening and/or redundancy of valve leaflet(s) may be at increased risk for bacterial endocarditis ..."
2. Somatization Disorder in the Medical Setting by G. Richard Smith, Jr., DIANE Publishing Company (1990)
"She has been cared for by three cardiologists for her mitral valve prolapse and currently takes a low dose of a beta blocker for this condition. ..."
3. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"... 23 to 49) and had no other apparent, direct cause of stroke. Other risk factors for stroke among the patients included mild mitral-valve prolapse (n ..."
4. U. S. Dual-Use Exports to Iraq and Their Impact on the Health of the Persian by DIANE Publishing Company (1997)
"Since his return from the Persian Gulf, his wife Laurie has had bladder surgery, mitral valve prolapse, disrupted menstruation, headaches, yeast infections, ..."
5. Management & Therapy of Sickle Cell Disease edited by Clarice D. Reid, Samuel Charace, Bertram Lubin (1997)
"The prevalence of mitral valve prolapse has been reported to be high in patients with SS disease; however, this finding was not confirmed by the Special ..."