Definition of Molybdenum steel
1. Noun. Steel containing 10-15% molybdenum; properties are similar to tungsten steel.
Molybdenum Steel Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Molybdenum Steel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Molybdenum Steel
Literary usage of Molybdenum steel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Chemical News and Journal of Industrial Science (1904)
"percentages of molybdenum were obtained by these methods :— molybdenum steel З'°3 3'62 3'595 — Molybdenum-chromium steel . ..."
2. Journal by Chartered Insurance Institute (1898)
"In this process it was found that molybdenum steel, like the tungsten metal, ... Under these conditions the molybdenum steel could be readily hammered down. ..."
3. Economics of Bridgework: A Sequel to Bridge Engineering by John Alexander Low Waddell (1921)
"Study on economics of molybdenum steel for bridgework.—Catalogue re " Molybdenum Commercial ... Proposed nomenclature for various molybdenum-steel alloys. ..."
4. The Mineral Industry by Richard Pennefather Rothwell (1922)
"mittee of the Society of Automotive Engineers has reserved the 4000 series for molybdenum steel in their numerical system of designating steel. ..."
5. Iron, Steel, and Other Alloys by Henry Marion Howe (1906)
"molybdenum steel. — Molybdenum is now often used instead of tungsten, 1 per cent of the former replacing 2 per cent of the latter, so that the ratio between ..."
6. The Mineral Resources of New South Wales by Geological Survey of New South Wales, Edward Fisher Pittman (1901)
"Both steels were made in Siemens' regenerative furnaces, from a charge consisting for the molybdenum steel of 20-6 kg. basic open-hearth steel, - kg. ..."
7. Metallography by Samuel Leslie Hoyt (1921)
"The Heat Treatment and Mechanical Properties of molybdenum steel. ... The properties of tungsten steel and molybdenum steel were 1 Métaux Secondaries, 1908, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Molybdenum steel