Definition of Monel metal
1. Noun. An alloy of nickel and copper and other metals (such as iron and/or manganese and/or aluminum).
Monel Metal Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Monel Metal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Monel Metal
Literary usage of Monel metal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Royal Ontario Nickel Commission: With Appendix by Ontario Royal Nickel Commission, George Thomas Holloway (1917)
"Best Composition of Matte for monel metal The Mond Nickel Company produce a ... The importance of the monel metal industry is shown by the production during ..."
2. The Metallurgy of the Non-ferrous Metals by William Gowland (1914)
"An important alloy of nickel and copper to which the name " monel " metal has been applied is now made by the Orford Copper Company by reducing the mixed ..."
3. The School of Mines Quarterly by Columbia University School of Chemistry (1909)
"monel metal: DH Browne. Electro, and Met. Ind.,Nil., 1909, 114. ... monel metal—Recent Progress: HE Flewellen. Met. Ind., 15, 1909, 14. ..."
4. NBS Special Publication (1920)
"Emissivity of monel metal and Constantan. At the request of the International Nickel Co., the emissivity of several samples of molten monel metal was ..."
5. Chemistry of Materials of the Machine and Building Industries by Robert Benjamin Leighou (1917)
"monel metal monel metal is an alloy containing approximately 68 to 70 per cent. ... It is difficult to produce sound castings of monel metal because of the ..."
6. Chemistry of Materials of the Machine and Building Industries by Robert Benjamin Leighou (1917)
"CHEMISTRY OF AI AT E RI ALS MoNEL METAL monel metal is an alloy containing ... It is difficult to produce sound castings of monel metal because of the ..."