Definition of Mongoloid race
1. Noun. An Asian race.
Generic synonyms: Race
Member holonyms: Oriental, Oriental Person
Medical Definition of Mongoloid race
1. A major racial group distinguished by classification according to physical features. This group centres around the pacific ocean and includes the malayan, northern and southern chinese, mongolian, siberian, eskimo, and american indian. (12 Dec 1998)
Mongoloid Race Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mongoloid Race Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mongoloid Race
Literary usage of Mongoloid race
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Anthropological Studies by Anne Walbank Buckland (1891)
"... General Pitt-Rivers on Early Modes of Navigation—Distribution of the Great mongoloid race. ... mongoloid race."
2. Preadamites, Or, A Demonstration of the Existence of Men Before Adam by Alexander Winchell (1880)
"The idea has been advanced that "anteriorly to the brachycephalic mongoloid race there must have existed in Europe a singular race possessing a ..."
3. Preadamites: Or, A Demonstraiton of the Existence of Men Before Adam by Alexander Winchell (1890)
"Many similar opinions might be cited tending to establish the conclusion, on palaeontological grounds, that a brachycephalic and mongoloid race was ..."
4. Ridpath's Universal History: An Account of the Origin, Primitive Condition by John Clark Ridpath (1899)
"A careful antiquarian study of the subject before us has shown the evidences of the existence of Antiquarian in- a mongoloid race moving westward through ..."
5. Ridpath's Universal History: An Account of the Origin, Primitive Condition by John Clark Ridpath (1897)
"To account for these facts by the presence of an Asiatic mongoloid race, in the heart of Spain, does not unduly strain the conditions which are known to ..."
6. Report of the Annual Meeting (1904)
"... some reason can be shown for suspecting the existence of traces of some mongoloid race in the modern population of \\ ales and the west of England. ..."
7. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1888)
"... cal grounds, the mongoloid race. Mongoloids, or Mongolians, in the widest sense, are, to me, a number of zoological varieties ..."