Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Monostely Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Monostely
Literary usage of Monostely
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Annual Meeting (1901)
"There are two features in the water-carrying system of Angiosperms in which they are superior to the older types—namely, their general monostely and their ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1901)
"No one will deny that their general monostely is a more perfect arrangement for water carriage in a massive plant than is ..."
3. Strasburger's Text-book of Botany by Eduard Strasburger, Hans Fitting (1921)
"There is usually only one stele or central cylinder in the stem of the Spermatophyta (monostely). Cases are, however, met with when the stele is divided ..."
4. Transactions of the Canadian Institute by Canadian Institute (1849-1914). (1899)
"Strasburger, in respect to monostely, has gone even further than Van Tieghem, for he unites Van ..."
5. A Student's Text-book of Botany by Sydney Howard Vines (1896)
"... typical monostely is, however, the rule in the stem of Phanerogams, and is frequent in that of Pteridophyta (in Hymenophyllum, Trichomanes, Lygodium, ..."
6. Botanisches Zentralblatt: Referierendes Organ für das Gesamtgebiet der Botanik by Botanischer Verein in München, Deutsche Botanische Gesellschaft, Berlin (1905)
"In discussing his results the author comes to the conclusion that all ideas of „monostely" and ..."