¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Monsoonal
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Monsoonal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Monsoonal
Literary usage of Monsoonal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Site Management and Productivity in Tropical Plantation Forests: Proceedings by E. K. Sadanandan Nambiar (2004)
"Improved Productivity of Eucalypt Plantations through Site Management Practices in the monsoonal Tropics: Kerala, ..."
2. Manual of Physical Geography by Frederick Valentine Emerson (1909)
"Does the maximum rainfall precede or follow the maximum insolation ? Explain. What are the rainy months ? The dry months ? 24. monsoonal TYPE OF RAINFALL ..."
3. Planet Geographyby Stephen Codrington by Stephen Codrington (2005)
"Compared with the equatorial rainforest, monsoonal forests are lower and less ... To some extent, the monsoonal forest is a transitional zone between the ..."
4. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1888)
"diminished over the heated interior, that the summer monsoon acquires its full strength and the heavy monsoonal rains fairly set in. ..."
5. Future Directions for Indian Irrigation: Research and Policy Issues by Ruth Suseela Meinzen-Dick, Mark Svendsen (1991)
"The monsoonal rise in the water table is explained largely by monsoon precipitation and canal water releases at the head during the Kharif season; also, ..."
6. Australasia by Henry Rees (1907)
"At times the anticyclones pass on a northern track, and thus exclude the monsoonal rains from the continent. While under these conditions, ..."