Definition of Montezuma ii
1. Noun. The last Aztec emperor in Mexico who was overthrown and killed by Hernando Cortes (1466-1520).
Montezuma Ii Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Montezuma Ii Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Montezuma Ii
Literary usage of Montezuma ii
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Works of Hubert Howe Bancroft by Hubert Howe Bancroft (1886)
"Gradually, however, their power lessened as that of the nobles increased, until, in the time of Montezuma II., they were, as we have seen, deprived of all ..."
2. The Ancient Stone Implements, Weapons and Ornaments of Great Britain by John Evans (1897)
"... II The stone axe said to be that of Montezuma II., preserved in the Ambras Museum at Vienna, is a good example of the kind.6 I have engraved it as Fig. ..."
3. Popular Studies in Mythology, Romance & Folklore by Alfred Trübner Nutt (1901)
"... the contemporary of Montezuma II. This does not at all agree with the " Popol Vuh " account. ..."
4. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"The palaces and temples of the Toltecs and the magnificent new palace of Montezuma II were decorated with these brilliant feather hangings. ..."