2. Adjective. Having multiple elements or aspects ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Multipronged
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Multipronged Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Multipronged
Literary usage of Multipronged
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Technologies for Understanding and Preventing Substance Abuse and Addiction by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"... then efforts to prevent these problems may require multipronged efforts involving schools, parents, media messages, and other community resources (116). ..."
2. Zaire: Predicament and Prospectsby Jean-Claude Willame, Hugues Leclercq, Peter Rosenblum, Catharine Newbury by Jean-Claude Willame, Hugues Leclercq, Peter Rosenblum, Catharine Newbury (1998)
"Priority should be placed on a multipronged approach: halting the delivery of weapons to rebel forces; concrete efforts by the home government to encourage ..."
3. Drug Abuse Prevention Through Family Interventions by Rebecca Singer Ashery, Elizabeth B. Robertson, Karol Linda Kumpfer (1999)
"The Focus on Families (FOF) was designed by Catalano and associates as a multipronged intervention for families headed by recipients of methadone treatment ..."
4. Intervention Or Neglect: The United States and Central America Beyond the 1980s by Linda Robinson (1991)
"In late 1984, as the Sandinistas began a multipronged offensive, the numbers of those imprisoned as suspected collaborators escalated dramatically. ..."