Definition of Multivariate analysis
1. Noun. A generic term for any statistical technique used to analyze data from more than one variable.
Generic synonyms: Statistical Method, Statistical Procedure
Specialized synonyms: Multiple Correlation, Multiple Regression, Regression Analysis, Correlational Analysis, Analysis Of Variance, Anova
Medical Definition of Multivariate analysis
1. A set of techniques used when variation in several variables has to be studied simultaneously. In statistics, multivariate analysis is interpreted as any analytic method that allows simultaneous study of two or more dependent variables. (12 Dec 1998)
Multivariate Analysis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Multivariate Analysis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Multivariate Analysis
Literary usage of Multivariate analysis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Sentencing in the Federal Courts: Does Race Matter?: The Transition to by Douglas Corry McDonald, Kenneth E Carlson (1994)
"... Accounting for Sentencing Differences Under the Guidelines: A Multivariate Analysis The differences in sentences imposed upon whites, blacks, ..."
2. The Pilot Food Price Subsidy Scheme in the Philippines: Its Impact on Income by Marito Garcia, Per Pinstrup-Andersen (1987)
"... in this chapter comparative analysis is supplemented with empirical results of multivariate analysis, employing the analytical methodology presented in ..."
3. Comparing Drug Use Rates of Detained Arrestees in the United States and England by Bruce Taylor, Trevor Bennett (1999)
"For this drug, the multivariate analysis had indicated that "country" was not statistically significant (Beta=-0.14, NS), while the bivariate analysis had ..."