Definition of Musculoskeletal system
1. Noun. The system of muscles and tendons and ligaments and bones and joints and associated tissues that move the body and maintain its form.
Generic synonyms: System
Terms within: Muscle System, Muscular Structure, Musculature, Frame, Skeletal System, Skeleton, Systema Skeletale
Medical Definition of Musculoskeletal system
1. All the muscles, bones, and cartilages of the body collectively. (12 Dec 1998)
Musculoskeletal System Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Musculoskeletal System Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Musculoskeletal System
Literary usage of Musculoskeletal system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"musculoskeletal system The musculoskeletal system consists of the skeletal ... An understanding of the musculoskeletal system is particularly relevant to ..."
2. Gait Analysis in the Science of Rehabilitation edited by Joel A. DeLisa (2000)
"Computer models are needed to predict the anticipated effects that surgical alterations to the musculoskeletal system will have on a person's gait pattern. ..."
3. Cumulative Trauma Disorders in the Workplace: Bibliography by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"The terminology and background of musculoskeletal system disorders were ... The impact of automation on musculoskeletal system disorders was discussed. ..."