Definition of Mushroom poisoning
1. Noun. Toxic condition caused by eating certain species of mushrooms (especially Amanita species).
Medical Definition of Mushroom poisoning
1. Poisoning from ingestion of mushrooms, primarily from, but not restricted to, toxic varieties. (12 Dec 1998)
Mushroom Poisoning Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mushroom Poisoning Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mushroom Poisoning
Literary usage of Mushroom poisoning
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1887)
"mushroom poisoning. DR. HANDFORD, physician to tbe Nottingham Hospital, gives an account (Sanitary Record, September, ..."
2. A Manual of Pharmacology and Its Applications to Therapeutics and Toxicology by Torald Hermann Sollmann (1922)
"mushroom poisoning Active Constituents.—Many fungi contain poisonous constituents, ... Symptoms of mushroom poisoning.—These must vary with the species. ..."
3. Torreya by Torrey Botanical Club (1917)
"10 mushroom poisoning BY BEAMAN DOUGLASS, MD I am not a botanist, I am a surgeon. ... Therefore this paper on mushroom poisoning is not a ..."
4. Practice of Medicine by Frederick Tice (1921)
"Mushroom-poisoning is of much more frequent occurrence in Europe than in America, because the mushroom is considered a great delicacy on the continent and ..."
5. Prevention of Disease and Care of the Sick: How to Keep Well and what to Do by William Gordon Stimpson, Milton Hugh Foster (1919)
"mushroom poisoning. Certain varieties of mushrooms are highly poisonous, and if eaten produce severe illness and often death. There is no simple test for ..."
6. The Home Medical Library by Kenelm Winslow (1907)
"CHAPTER II mushroom poisoning Symptoms—Treatment—How to Tell Mushrooms—The Common ... mushroom poisoning. — Vomiting, cramps, diarrhea, pains in legs; ..."