2. Noun. (Australia) An Aborigine living according to tradition and in a traditional way. ¹
3. Noun. Any of various Australian acacias, especially the weeping myall, ''Acacia pendula'', or the wood of such trees. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Myall
1. a traditionally living Australian Aborigine [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Myall Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Myall
Literary usage of Myall
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of Kentucky and Kentuckians: The Leaders and Representative Men in by E. Polk Johnson, Lewis Publishing Company (1912)
"JAMES WILLIAM myall.—A gentleman whose name is entitled to a prominent place on the roll of leading and useful citizens of Nepton is James William myall, ..."
2. Forestry Handbook by R. Dalrymple Hay, Joseph Henry Maiden (1917)
"My correspondent wrote, " The more slender twig is myall, and the more ... At the same time I could not make out any differences between the myall and Boree ..."
3. Picturesque New South Wales: An Illustrated Guide for Settler and Tourist by Timothy Augustine Coghlan (1901)
"About the extensile lagoons called myall Lakes, the Port and in the neighbourhood of the pretty little myall River are forests of Stephens district- ..."
4. Austral English: A Dictionary of Australasian Words, Phrases and Usages with by Edward Ellis Morris (1898)
"The explanation given by Lumholtz (1890) is not generally accepted. The word mail, or myall, is the aboriginal term for " men," on the Bogan, ..."
5. Reports of Cases Decided in the High Court of Chancery: With Notes and by Great Britain Court of Chancery (1854)
"myall. to be affected by the decree, the suit could not proceed in his absence. ... UPON the marriage of Mr. and Mrs. myall, certain property of the wife ..."
6. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (1879)
"POWDER. To prevent disappointment, each packst the inventor's address— ALFRED BIBD, BIRMINGHAM. myall-S PAYSANDU OX TONGUES. ..."
7. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Ecclesiastical Courts at by Joseph Phillimore, Great Britain High Court of Delegates (1818)
"In the case of Thompson formerly myall v. Sheppard and Duffield(a) before Dr. Calvert, it was held that though there was marriage and the birth of children ..."
8. Reports of Selected Civil and Criminal Cases Decided in the Court of Appeals by Kentucky Court of Appeals, William Pope Duvall Bush (1879)
"myall, ic. he knew the necessary steps and supposed he had done the very things required, ... myall, &c. APPEAL FROM BOURBON COMMON PLEAS COURT. 1. ..."