Alternative terms for "N-ways"
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: N-ways Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of N-ways
Literary usage of N-ways
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Algebra: An Elementary Text-book for the Higher Classes of Secondary Schools by George Chrystal (1893)
"... a set of n^&c^is »,»,. . . nf The first thing can be selected in n, ways ; the second in n, ways; and so on. Hence, since the selection of each of the ..."
2. Higher Algebra: A Sequel to Elementary Algebra for Schools by Henry Sinclair Hall, Samuel Ratcliffe Knight (1894)
"If one operation can be performed in m ways, and (when it has been performed in any one of these ways) a second operation can then be performed in n ways; ..."
3. Elements of Algebra by George Albert Wentworth (1897)
"For, the first place may be filled in n ways, then the second place in n — 1 ways, then the third place in n — 2 ways, and so on to the last place, ..."
4. A College Algebra by Henry Burchard Fine (1904)
"We reason thus : Since for each way of doing the first thing there are n ways of doing both things, for m ways of doing the first thing there are mn ways of ..."
5. Elementary Algebra by Henry Sinclair Hall, Samuel Ratcliffe Knight (1895)
"If the first operation bo performed in any one way, we can associate with this any of the n ways of performing the second operation : and thus we shall have ..."
6. College Algebra: With Applications by Ernest Julius Wilczynski (1916)
"The first place may be filled in n ways, since it may be occupied by any one of the n elements. After the first place has been filled there are only n ..."
7. Choice and Chance: An Elementary Treatise on Permutations, Combinations, and by William Allen Whitworth (1886)
"... corresponding to each of the m ways of performing the former operation, we shall have n ways of performing the two operations. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: N-ways