Definition of National bank
1. Noun. A commercial bank chartered by the federal government.
Generic synonyms: Commercial Bank, Full Service Bank
National Bank Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: National Bank Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of National Bank
Literary usage of National bank
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1920)
"It is further provided that after the said national bank of Fairmont has been paid all sums advanced by it to take care oí the liabilities of the First ..."
2. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting by American Bankers Association, Canadian Pulp and Paper Association, Savings Bank Division (1907)
"Everett American national bank. Leavenworth Tumwater Savings Bank. ... West Virginia national bank. Martinsburg Bank of Martinsburg. .People's Savings Bank. ..."
3. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1911)
"Shareholders in a national bank which has extended its corporate existence, conformably to the act of July 12, 1882 (21 Stat. at L. 162, chap. 290, US Comp. ..."
4. Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by William B. Dana (1870)
"The Commercial national bank of Cincinnati, Ohio. The Second National В ink of De« Moines, luwa. The S cond National Sank of ..."
5. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1920)
"2 This court now holds that while the California National was taxable as a stockholder in the Mills national bank (Bank of Redemption v. Boston, 125 US 60, ..."
6. Commentaries on American Lawby James Kent, John Melville Gould, Oliver Wendell Holmes by James Kent, John Melville Gould, Oliver Wendell Holmes (1901)
"207 national bank of NA v. Bangs iii.85,88 national bank of St. Charles r. ... Ninth national bank iii. 86 r. Seaboard Bank iii. 81 National PBM Co. r. ..."