Definition of National institute of standards and technology
1. Noun. An agency in the Technology Administration that makes measurements and sets standards as needed by industry or government programs.
Group relationships: Technology Administration
Generic synonyms: Agency, Authority, Bureau, Federal Agency, Government Agency, Office
National Institute Of Standards And Technology Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: National Institute Of Standards And Technology Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of National Institute Of Standards And Technology
Literary usage of National institute of standards and technology
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"It provides a critical link between the National Institute of Standards and Technology and USAF Base Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratories ..."
2. First Text Retrieval Conference (Trec-1): Proceedings by D. K. Harman (1993)
"Introduction National Institute of Standards and Technology Gaithersburg, Md. 20899 There is a long history of experimentation in information retrieval. ..."
3. An Introduction to Computer Security: The Nist Handbook by Barbara Guttman (1996)
"National Institute of Standards and Technology. Data Encryption Standard. Federal Information Processing Standard Publication 46-2. December 30, 1993. ..."
4. Overview of the Third Text Retrieval Conference (Trec-3) edited by D. K. Harmon (1996)
"Overview of the Third Text REtrieval Conference (TREC-3) Donna Harman National Institute of Standards and Technology Gaithersburg, MD. 20899. ..."