Definition of Navy man
1. Noun. A serviceman in the navy.
Specialized synonyms: Coastguardsman, Navy Seal, Seal, Striker, Submariner
Generic synonyms: Man, Military Man, Military Personnel, Serviceman
Derivative terms: Sail
Navy Man Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Navy Man Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Navy Man
navy man (current term)
Literary usage of Navy man
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Fighting Fleets: Five Months of Active Service with the American by Ralph Delahaye Paine (1918)
"... the rut of " I am well and hope this will find you the same." Homesickness is his most serious complaint. He is of a different type of navy man from the ..."
2. The Egregious English by Thomas William Hodgson Crosland (1903)
"In spite of all this, however, it cannot be denied that the Continental navy- man is slowly but surely creeping up to the English standard. ..."
3. Two Years in Fiji by Litton Forbes (1875)
"B., an old navy man, who, possessing only merit without interest, and thereby finding his promotion somewhat retarded, had quitted the service in disgust; ..."
4. While I Remember by Stephen McKenna (1921)
"... before he changed in a night from a "little-navy" man to a "big-navy" man; and to any one else who, like Mr. Lloyd George and Mr. Churchill, ..."
5. From Harrison to Harding: A Personal Narrative, Covering a Third of a by Arthur Wallace Dunn (1922)
"... but the Presidency is Not for a navy man—How Leonard Wood Became a Brigadier General—"A Bell That Rings Every Day" Made Another. ..."