Definition of Negev
1. Noun. A desert in southern Israel.
Generic synonyms: Desert
Group relationships: Israel, Sion, State Of Israel, Yisrael, Zion
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Negev Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Negev
Literary usage of Negev
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Truman, the Jewish Vote, and the Creation of Israel by John Snetsinger (1974)
"It was the United States position that allotting a section of the negev to the ... Removing part of the negev from the Jewish state would remedy both these ..."
2. Managing Water for Peace in the Middle East; Alternative Strategies by Masahiro Murakami (1995)
"A ridge of mountains and hills runs across the central negev at heights between 500 m ... The north-western part of the negev receives fair but unreliable ..."
3. The Nature of Landscape: A Personal Quest by Han Lorzing (2001)
"... camels and tourists 2 negev Desert, stone circle 3 negev Desert, acacia tree scape artist, planted three acacias in his impressive Monument for the ..."
4. The Jerusalem Question, 1917-1968 by H. Eugene Bovis (1971)
"provisions on the negev. Further, they realized that the Ber- ... The Israeli Army Chiefs therefore pushed for a campaign to secure the negev. ..."
5. 40 Km Into Lebanon: Israel's 1982 Invasion by H. Thomas Davis (1995)
"The attack on Bernadotte was in response to his proposal that the partition plan be modified in a manner that would give the Arabs control of the negev, ..."
6. Land Or Peace: Whither Israel? by Yael Yishai (1987)
"The eleven settlements were founded as a response to the recommendations of the Morrison-Grady scheme, which included the northern negev in the Arab zone ..."
7. Hydropolitics along the Jordan River; Scarce Water and Its Impact on the by Aaron T. Wolf (1995)
"... Arye Issar (1990) suggests that favourable climatic conditions, with rainfall in the negev 50 per cent greater than today's, may have contributed to the ..."