Definition of Neisseria gonorrhoeae
1. Noun. The pus-producing bacterium that causes gonorrhea.
Medical Definition of Neisseria gonorrhoeae
1. A species of gram-negative, aerobic bacteria primarily found in purulent venereal discharges. It is the causative agent of gonorrhoea. (12 Dec 1998)
Neisseria Gonorrhoeae Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Neisseria Gonorrhoeae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Neisseria Gonorrhoeae
Literary usage of Neisseria gonorrhoeae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21, Food and Drugs, Pt. 800-1299, Revised by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"... antibodies to neisseria gonorrhoeae in sena of asymptomatic females at low nisk of infection. Identification of antibodies with this device may indicate ..."
2. Guide To Clinical Preventive Services by U. S. Preventive Services Task Force (1989)
"Antibiotic-resistant strains of neisseria gonorrhoeae. policy guidelines for detection, management, and control MMWR [Suppl 5] 1987; 36. ..."
3. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"... sexually transmitted disease (STD) infection rates (Chlamydia trachomatis, neisseria gonorrhoeae, Trichomonas vaginalis, and herpes simplex virus), ..."
4. What comes from what, or, The relationships of animals and plants by Charles L. Abbott (1922)
"neisseria gonorrhoeae—gonorrhoea. Micrococcus meningitidis—cerebro-spinal meningitis. and chokes tubular wells with deposits of iron. ..."
5. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: Report of the U. S. Preventive by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Screening for Gonorrhea— Including Ocular Prophylaxis in Newborns RECOMMENDATION Routine screening for neisseria gonorrhoeae is recommended for asymptomatic ..."