Definition of Neonatal mortality rate
1. Noun. The death rate during the first 28 days of life.
Generic synonyms: Death Rate, Deathrate, Fatality Rate, Mortality, Mortality Rate
Medical Definition of Neonatal mortality rate
1. The number of children dying under 28 days of age divided by the number of live births that year. The neonatal mortality rate in the united states, which was 8.4 per 1,000 live births in 1980, declined to 5.8 per 1,000 live births in 1990. (12 Dec 1998)
Neonatal Mortality Rate Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Neonatal Mortality Rate Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Neonatal Mortality Rate
Literary usage of Neonatal mortality rate
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion & Disease Prevention by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"Neonatal Mortality Between 1970 and 1981 the neonatal mortality rate declined by ... As blacks have the highest neonatal mortality rate, achievement of the ..."
2. Demography: Textbook for the South African Student by Willem Petrus Mostert (1998)
"... namely the neonatal mortality rate (deaths among children less than 28 days/4 weeks old), the post-neonatal mortality rate (deaths among children ..."
3. Deaths: Final Data for 1997 edited by Donna L. Hoyert, Kenneth D. Kochanek, Sherry L. Murphy (2002)
"The infant mortality rate, neonatal mortality rate, postneonatal mortality rate, and white neonatal mortality rate remained the same between 1996 and 1997. ..."
4. Health Status of Minorities & Low Income Groups by DIANE Publishing Company, Dept. of Health and Human Services, United States (1991)
"The neonatal mortality rate is defined as the number of children who die at or before 27 days postpartum, per 1000 live births. ..."
5. Healthy People 2000, Review, 1997: National Health Promotion and Disease by Kathleen M. Turczyn (1998)
"14.1d: Reduce the neonatal mortality rate to no more than 4.5 per 1000 live births. 14.1e: Reduce the neonatal mortality rate among blacks to no more than 7 ..."