¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nephrotic
1. [n -S]
Medical Definition of Nephrotic
1. Pertaining to, resembling or caused by nephrosis. This entry appears with permission from the Dictionary of Cell and Molecular Biology (11 Mar 2008)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nephrotic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nephrotic
Literary usage of Nephrotic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Oxford Medicine by Henry Asbury Christian, James Mackenzie (1920)
"ACUTE, SUBACUTE AND CHRONIC EDEMATOUS BRIGHT'S DISEASE (nephrotic TYPE) (nephrotic Syndrome of Bright's Disease) INTRODUCTION Included in the above titles ..."
2. Second Report of the Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of ...by Scott M. Grundy by Scott M. Grundy (1997)
"Ischaemic heart-disease as a complication of nephrotic syndrome. Lancet 1969;2:399-400. 569. Alexander JH, Schapel GJ, Edwards KD. ..."
3. Surgical Diseases of the Kidney by Henry Morris (1885)
"But in many cases of pyo-nephrosis these symptoms are wanting ; moreover, a hydro-nephrotic sac may suppurate quietly, and thus pass by degrees into a ..."
4. Leading Causes of Death by Age, Sex, Race, and Hispanic Origin U.S., 1992 by Paula Gardner, Harry M. Rosenberg, Ronald W. Wilson (1997)
"E826-E949 Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases and allied conditions 490-496 Pneumonia and influenza 480-487 Septicemia 038 Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, ..."
5. Health United States 1995: The Annual National Report on Health by Kate Prager, Diane M. Makuc, Jacob J. Feldman (1998)
"... 3092 7 Pneumonia and influenza 2262 8 Homicide and legal intervention 1898 9 Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis 1770 10 Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, ..."