2. Adjective. (colloquial derogatory of a quality or interest) Of, pertaining to, in the style of, or appealing to nerds. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nerdy
1. socially inept [adj NERDIER, NERDIEST]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nerdy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nerdy
Literary usage of Nerdy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Memoirs of the Geological Survey of India by Geological Survey of India (1872)
"... way to an easterly dip of 75° about half way np the west slope of nerdy ... of inversion would appear to exist about half way between the nerdy and ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by United States Supreme Court, Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1901)
"when the writ of error appears to be sued out nerdy for delay. 11 Wall., x. And both rales were extended to appeals from decrees in chancery for the payment ..."
3. Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town by Cory Doctorow (2006)
"He wasn't getting anywhere, anyway. "And you get service here? Where's your access point?" Crusty-punk or no, he sounded as nerdy as any ..."
4. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1911)
"The provinces of zoological distribution, Hk« the geographical divisions of mankind, must be taken nerdy to indicate the faciès of a well-characterized ..."