Definition of Net fish
1. Verb. Fish with nets. "In the summer they like to go out and net fish"
Net Fish Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Net Fish Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Net Fish
Literary usage of Net fish
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Reports of Cases Decided in the Supreme Court of the State of Oregon by Oregon Supreme Court (1921)
"Section 2 of this act reads thus: "The failure to renew the license, or make application therefor, for any fish-trap, pound-net, fish- wheel, ..."
2. Sessional Papers by Canada Parliament (1895)
"Pound-net fish are always good and fresh. If gill-net fish are stale they are salted. The drowned fish from the gill-nets are sold at a reduced price, ..."
3. Fish and Fisheries of New South Wales by Julian Edmund Tenison-Woods (1883)
"13427 1736 951 1197 637 232 24 27 1SS 33 Quantity of fish condemned as being unfit for human food:—net fish, ..."
4. The Statutes at Large: Passed in the Several General Assemblies Held in His by Nova Scotia, Richard John Uniacke, Henry H. Cogswell, William Hill, W. B. Bliss, John Whidden, James F. Gray (1835)
"... That the said Overseers shall have power to remove powm >•«.« any wear, net, fish-garth, or other incumbrance that shall be found in the said River ..."
5. Seaside Studies in Natural History by Elizabeth Cabot Cary Agassiz, Alexander Agassiz (1865)
"But until a fitter English name be found for it, why may it not bo called (in regard of what hath been before mentioned of it) a Basket-Fish, or a Net-Fish, ..."
6. Cod-liver Oil and Chemistry by Frantz Peckel Møller, Peter Møller Heyerdahl (1895)
"The averages are based upon the first four columns, and presuppose an equal number of livers from line-fish and net-fish, thus giving a figure that is a ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Net fish