Definition of Neurodermatitis
1. Noun. Dermatitis in which localized areas (especially the forearms or back of the neck or outer part of the ankle) itch persistently; cause is unknown.
Medical Definition of Neurodermatitis
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Neurodermatitis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Neurodermatitis
Literary usage of Neurodermatitis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Radiotherapy in skin disease by Joseph Belot (1905)
"The future will show how far we may hope for a permanent cure. CASE I.—Mine. J. R,, aged twenty-six. Circumscribed neurodermatitis on the left side of the ..."
2. Skin and Venereal Diseases (1915)
"Fabry differentiates neurodermatitis into three groups: (a) neurodermatitis diffusa; ... (lichen chronicus (Vidal)) ; and (c) neurodermatitis nodularis. ..."
3. Portfolio of Dermochromes by Jerome Kingsbury, William Gaynor States, Eduard Jacobi (1913)
"Liehen Simplex Chronicus Vidal Synonym: neurodermatitis Plate 23, FIG. 34 This affection, unlike true lichen, is an extremely chronic ..."
4. Fasting: The Ultimate Diet by Allan Cott (1997)
"New data were offered to prove the efficiency of the fasting treatment "for treating skin diseases; neurodermatitis; some forms of psoriasis, eczema, ..."
5. Disability in Higher Education by Serge Ebersold, Peter Evans (2003)
"This holds for many young people, such as those who have lost a toe, have a serious skin disease, diabetes, neurodermatitis, anorexia nervosa, ..."