Definition of Never-never
1. Noun. Installment plan. "We bought a car on the never-never"
Geographical relationships: Britain, Great Britain, U.k., Uk, United Kingdom, United Kingdom Of Great Britain And Northern Ireland
Generic synonyms: Installment Buying, Installment Plan, Time Plan
2. Noun. The remote outback of Australia; unpopulated desert country.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Never-never Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Never-never
Literary usage of Never-never
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (1904)
"Never, never could I have believed,' she murmured to herself, ' that one could be so happy.' Her face lighted up with a smile; but at the same moment she ..."
2. Slang and Its Analogues Past and Present: A Dictionary, Historical and by John Stephen Farmer, William Ernest Henley (1902)
"NEVER. NEVER- (or -NARE)-A- FACE-BUT-HIS-OWN, phr. (old). —See quot. ... want to die and go with him to the never-never COUNTRY parson tells us about up ..."
3. A Complete Word and Phrase Concordance to the Poems and Songs of Robert by J. B. Reid (1889)
"He who stills the raven's clam'rous nest, They never, never can divide The Cotter's .... The fancy may delight, But never, never can come near the heart. ..."