¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nextly
1. following on [adv]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nextly Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nextly
Literary usage of Nextly
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records by Charles William Manwaring (1906)
"nextly, I give to my son Joseph Williams 3 acres of land in my great pasture; also 1-2 of my ... nextly, I give to the heirs of my son Samuel Williams decd. ..."
2. The Works of Thomas Shepard: First Pastor of the First Church, Cambridge by Thomas Shepard (1853)
"But no other inferior creatures are thus eternal; for although they be made nextly for man, yet so as that they are firstly for the body, which is of itself ..."
3. A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records (1906)
"nextly, I give to my son Joseph Williams 3 acres of land in my great pasture; ... nextly, I give to the heirs of my son Samuel Williams decd., ..."
4. The Witchcraft Delusion in Colonial Connecticut, 1647-1697 by John Metcalf Taylor (1908)
"other ear marks set on; nextly I had a sow that had young pigs ear marked (in the stie) after the same manner; nextly I had a cow at the side of my yard, ..."
5. The Early Records of Lancaster, Massachusetts. 1643-1725 by Lancaster (Mass.), Henry Stedman Nourse (1884)
"nextly it was granted that such as haue medow in their 2 ... nextly Libertie was granted to the maior to haue io acres of medow or soe much as hee may giue ..."