Definition of Night-line
1. Noun. A fishing line with baited hooks left in the water to catch fish over night.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Night-line Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Night-line
Literary usage of Night-line
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Cyclopædia of Practical Quotations: English and Latin, with an Appendix by Jehiel Keeler Hoyt, Anna Lydia Ward (1882)
"Fate shall yield Night Line 232. And Chaos, ancestors of Nature, hold Eternal anarchy, amidst the noise Ol endless wars, and by confusion stand. ..."
2. Old Steamboat Days on the Hudson River: Tales and Reminiscences of the by David Lear Buckman (1907)
"... the Citizens' Line to Troy, the Catskill Night Line, the Hudson Night Line, the Newburgh Night Line and the Central Hudson Company's Lines to several of ..."
3. Fulfilment of Three Remarkable Prophecies in the History of the Great Empire by Henry Whittemore (1909)
"The company ran both a day and night line. ... But in 1836 the People's Line was revived as a night line by Daniel Drew, who purchased the Westchester and ..."
4. The Educational Journal of Virginia by Educational Association of Virginia, Dept. of Public Instruction, Richard McAllister Smith, Virginia Dept. of Public Instruction (1884)
"All rail $26.50 Railroad and Hudson River Day Line steamers 24.40 Railroad and Citizens' Line steamers (night line) 23.50 Parties going by railroad from ..."
5. Curiosities of Natural History by Francis Trevelyan Buckland (1883)
"I have learnt that towards the close of the evening, when it Ls getting dusk, a night line is neatly coiled up on the deck of the pigmy frigate, ..."
6. Dues and Charges on Shipping in Foreign Ports: A Manual of Reference for the (1907)
"2nd line and the channels (less than 3 miles) 08 If they are boarded by night— Between the 1st night line and the channels 10 Within the 1st night line (3 ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Night-line