Definition of Nipples
1. Noun. (plural of nipple) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nipples
1. nipple [n] - See also: nipple
Medical Definition of Nipples
1. The conic organs which usually give outlet to milk from the mammary glands. (12 Dec 1998)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nipples Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nipples
Literary usage of Nipples
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1899)
"Ewe born 1892, nipples increased by selective breeding. Fm. 1. ... Two rudimentary extra nipples. — A FIG. 6. Ewe born 1895, nipples of equal size in- ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1899)
"Normal milk-bag of ewe showing two nipples. Flo. 2. One rudimentary extra nipple.—A Sport. FIG. 5. Ewe born 1893, nipples increased selective breeding. FIG. ..."
3. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1921)
"What attention is paid lo the care of the nipples and ¡he breasts during pregnancy.' Michael Reese Hospital : Routine examination of breasts and nipples at ..."
4. The History of Ancient Art by Johann Joachim Winckelmann, Giles Henry Lodge (1872)
"The nipples are not made visible on the breasts either of virgins or goddesses, ... Now, as the nipples are fully visible in the figure of a supposed Venus, ..."
5. A Treatise on the physical and medical treatment of children by William Dewees (1858)
"It follows, then, that as a sound condition of the nipples is of the first consequence to the mother and the child, and as it materially influences the ..."
6. Essays and Observations on Natural History, Anatomy, Physiology, Psychology by John Hunter, Richard Owen (1861)
"Of the Situation of nipples as related to the number of Young produced. All carnivorous animals have more than two or three at a birth; but only some of the ..."
7. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1869)
"Treatment of Sore nipples.—Dr. J. (5. WILSON. extols (Glasgow Mea. ... In some cases of deeply fissured or ulcerated nipples, a stronger solution is ..."