2. Noun. One who is not an academic. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonacademic
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonacademic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonacademic
Literary usage of Nonacademic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities in Science and Engineering by Joan Burrelli, Carolyn Arena, Carolyn Shettle, Deborah Fort (1996)
"nonacademic Employment As noted earlier, bachelor's and master's scientists and engineers are employed primarily in business or industry, ..."
2. Advancing the Nation's Health Needs by National Research Council (2005)
"The economy in 2001 and tighter budgets in the nonacademic sector may have had an effect here as well. An examination of data for 1995 to 2001 for US ..."
3. Essays for College English by James Cloyd Bowman (1918)
"The real purpose of the university will not be mentioned, for usually our undergraduates live two lives — distinct; one utterly nonacademic. ..."
4. Improving Breast Imaging Quality Standards by Sharyl J. Nass, John Ball (2005)
"Columns: For each practice type: 0 Al/practice types 0 Academic practice 0 nonacademic multispecialty practice 0 nonacademic private radiology practice ..."
5. Mental Health, United States, 1998 edited by Ronald W Manderscheid, Marilyn J Henderson (1999)
"... previous employment in the academic and nonacademic workplace and professional marketplace, with less than one-third practicing in academic settings and ..."