¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Noncollinear
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Noncollinear Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Noncollinear
Literary usage of Noncollinear
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Projective Geometry by Oswald Veblen, John Wesley Young (1918)
"Let A, B, C be three noncollinear points; the class of all ordered triads ... Two ordered triads of noncollinear points in the same sense•class are said to ..."
2. Elements of Projective Geometry by George Herbert Ling, George Wentworth, David Eugene Smith (1922)
"... coplanar but noncollinear points and a point O moves in their plane in such a way that the anharmonic ratio of the pencil 0(ABCD) is a given constant k, ..."
3. The Teaching of Mathematics in the Elementary and the Secondary School by Jacob William Albert Young (1906)
"Three noncollinear points determine a plane. Every point lying on a straight line lies in a plane, if any two of the points lying on the line lie in the ..."
4. Higher Geometry: An Introduction to Advanced Methods in Analytic Geometry by Frederick Shenstone Woods (1922)
"Any three lines of a hyperplane which are not coplanar, and no two of which are parallel, determine three noncollinear points of the trace of the hyperplane ..."
5. Convex Optimization & Euclidean Distance Geometry by Jon Dattorro (2005)
"... independent (Figure 17, three noncollinear) anchors. Assuming the anchors exhibit no rotational or reflective symmetry in their affine hull (§4.5.2) and ..."
6. Precision Spectroscopy, Diode Lasers, and Optical Frequency Measuredited by Leo Hollberg edited by Leo Hollberg (2000)
"Although this model takes into account noncollinear QPM (angle tuning)4 and the temperature dependence of the 1500 2000 2500 3000 3500 Fundamental ..."