2. Noun. An act that is not a crime. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Noncrime
1. something that is not a crime [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Noncrime Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Noncrime
Literary usage of Noncrime
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Child Victimization: Maltreatment, Bullying and Dating Violence, Prevention ...by Kathleen A. Kendall-Tackett, Sarah M. Giacomoni by Kathleen A. Kendall-Tackett, Sarah M. Giacomoni (2005)
"... 6-2-6-3 context of victimization and, 6-3-6-4 conventional crimes and, 6-2 implications of, 6-9 neglect and, 17-5 noncrime victimizations and, ..."
2. Perspectives on Crime and Justice: 1996-1997 Lecture Series by James Q. Wilson, Peter Reuter, Mark H. Moore, Cathy S. Widom, Norval Morris (1998)
"One of the most important ideas associated with community-oriented policing is to view these noncrime calls for services as worthy of response, ..."
3. Make a Difference: A Spectacular Breakthrough in the Fight Against Poverty by Gary MacDougal (2005)
"... businesspeople and other leaders who need to think about making a difference by coming up with noncrime alternatives for those who would rob them. ..."
4. Data Resources of the National Institute of Justice (1993) edited by Michael J. Russell (1999)
"The sample included 949 Part I and 359 Part II crime calls as defined by the FBI Uniform Crime Report, and 5793 noncrime calls. Dates of data collection: ..."
5. Together We Can Meet the Challenge: Law Enforcement Strategies and Practices by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"PNRC program goal Deploy officers in public housing communities as agents of positive change to address drug-related activities and noncrime quality- ..."