2. Noun. One who is not an executive. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonexecutive
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonexecutive Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonexecutive
Literary usage of Nonexecutive
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supplement ... to the Public Health Reports by United States Public Health Service (1920)
"Advisory and nonexecutive boards, in the respective departments, ... Each advisory and nonexecutive board, except as otherwise expressly provided in this ..."
2. Bulletin by United States Bureau of Mines (1919)
"... 442, 443. mine accidents, 438. of advisory and nonexecutive boards, ... 438, 439, 440. to examine applicants for inspectors, 439. nonexecutive boards, ..."
3. The Social Welfare Forum: Official Proceedings [of The] Annual Meeting by National Conference on Social Welfare, American Social Science Association (1921)
"Eliminating the executive service from all the following figures, of 2500 nonexecutive full-time employees of social agencies, only 270 are professional ..."
4. Japan by the Japanese: A Survey by Its Highest Authorities by Alfred Stead (1904)
"The nonexecutive branches holding relative ranks are engine-room artificers, bandmasters, carpenters, writers, and nurses. They are all selected from the ..."
5. Military and Naval Recognition Book: A Handbook on the Organization by Joel William Bunkley (1918)
"... in the nonexecutive and civilian branches) and similar ranks in the Army. Naval Cadets are not classified as officers; they rank below Warrant Officers, ..."
6. Hansard's Parliamentary Debates by Great Britain Parliament, Thomas Curson Hansard (1860)
"... are that wo have felt it necessary that all the nonexecutive officers in a ship should have a uniform distinct from that of the executive officers, ..."
7. Adventure Guide to Ireland by Tina Neylon (2004)
"The Head of State is the President, elected by the people every seven years, and whose role is nonexecutive. The head of government is the Taoiseach ..."