¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonmeat
1. not containing meat [adj]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonmeat Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonmeat
Literary usage of Nonmeat
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annals of Ophthalmology (1917)
"I immediately put her on bowel flushings and a strictly nonmeat diet without any ... The bowel flushings and nonmeat diet alone stopped the attack. ..."
2. The Artichoke Trail: A Guide to Vegetarian Restaurants, Organic Food Stores by James Bernard Frost (2000)
"nonmeat-eaters shouldn't let the lack of health food choices deter them ... There's not a whole lot here for nonmeat-eaters, but I have found a few places. ..."
3. Animal Health at the Crossroads: Preventing, Detecting, and Diagnosing by National Research Council (U. S.) (2005)
"FDA is responsible for most nonmeat products. Seafood FDA, NMFS FDA oversees seafood safety generally. NMFS run a voluntary inspection service. ..."
4. Symptomatic and Regional Therapeutics by George Howard Hoxie (1910)
"... urine normal but loaded with urates; digestion impaired; pulse of high tension. He was restricted to a nonmeat diet, ..."
5. American Standards of Living, 1918-1988 by Clair Brown (1994)
"The suggested menus allowed an inexpensive cut of roast, chops, or a chicken on Sundays with nonmeat dishes, stews or casseroles for the other days.41 ..."