¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonmetric
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonmetric Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonmetric
Literary usage of Nonmetric
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Sas/stat 9.1 User's Guide by SAS Institute, Virginia Clark (2004)
"... similarity ratio nonmetric Lance and Williams nonmetric coefficient CANBERRA Canberra metric distance coefficient COSINE Cosine DOT Dot (inner) product ..."
2. Game Theory, Optimal Stopping, Probability and Statistics: Papers in Honor by Thomas Shelburne Ferguson, F. Thomas Bruss, Lucien Marie Le Cam (2000)
"Multidimensional scaling by optimizing goodness of fit to a nonmetric hypothesis. ... nonmetric multidimensional scaling: a numerical method. ..."
3. Metric Guide for Federal Construction and Metric Design Guide by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"During the ongoing US-Japanese Structural Impediments Initiative negotiations, the Japanese have identified nonmetric US products as a specific barrier to ..."
4. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1902)
"Russia, Great Britain and the United States are the only nonmetric countries. Russia has gone so far in the direction of its adoption that it may well be ..."
5. Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage by Inc. Merriam-Webster (1994)
"1964 The more common use of the plural foot is in the sense of the nonmetric unit of measure, and even here it is restricted. ..."
6. Italian Weights and Measures from the Middle Ages to the Nineteenth Century by Ronald Edward Zupko (1981)
"This table will enable the reader to make further correlations between metric and nonmetric units that are beyond the scope of this book. ..."