Definition of Nonspecific urethritis
1. Noun. Inflammation of the urethra of unknown cause.
Nonspecific Urethritis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonspecific Urethritis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonspecific Urethritis
Literary usage of Nonspecific urethritis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Urology: Diseases of the Urinary Organs, Diseases of the Male Genital Organs by Edward Loughborough Keyes (1917)
"nonspecific urethritis nonspecific urethritis may be defined as an acute urethritis due neither to the gonococcus nor to the tubercle bacillus, ..."
2. Therapeutic Gazette (1894)
"Of these, seven were cases of nonspecific urethritis. Of the nine cases cured, seven were cured by permanganate of potassium. Gonococci were found in small ..."
3. Medical and Surgical Lectures on the Diseases of Women: A Clinical and by Reuben Ludlam (1881)
"My patient has been ill for some weeks with a violent, nonspecific urethritis. Under the appropriate treatment, which I have already detailed to you the ..."
4. Medical Record by George Frederick Shrady, Thomas Lathrop Stedman (1891)
"Thus, while there is a clear distinction theoretically between virulent and non-virulent urethritis, or rather specific and nonspecific urethritis, ..."
5. The Oxford Medicine by Henry Asbury Christian, James Mackenzie (1920)
"... in treatment for nonspecific urethritis among females. Welch and I have administered Elliott treatments through a colonic stoma to lessen edema of the ..."