Definition of Nude mouse
1. Noun. A mouse with a genetic defect that prevents them from growing hair and also prevents them from immunologically rejecting human cells and tissues; widely used in preclinical trials.
Medical Definition of Nude mouse
1. A hairless mutant mouse with thymic hypoplasia, lacking T-cells. (05 Mar 2000)
Nude Mouse Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nude Mouse Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nude Mouse
Literary usage of Nude mouse
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"On the other c of tumorigenicity in the nude >ht be due to the effects of natural y (NC) in the nude mouse. Some tumor cell lines might be more o natural ..."
2. Smokeless Tobacco Or Health: An International Perspective by DIANE Publishing Company (1993)
"Very high transfection and nude mouse tumorigenicity frequency, ... We are currently in the process of cloning this gene from the nude mouse tumors to ..."
3. Carcinogenic Potency Database, Endocrine Disruptors edited by Lois Swirsky Gold (2000)
"Such infotmation in the human could be obtained by studying transplants of human fetal genital tracts in DES-treated nude mouse hosts (10). ..."
4. Manual of Microbiologic Monitoring of Laboratory Animals edited by Kim Waggie (1994)
"Naturally occurring mouse hepatitis virus infection in the nude mouse. Lab Anim Sci 1977; 27:372-376. 21. Peters RL, Collins MJ, O'Beirne AJ, Hourihan SL, ..."
5. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"... 11 tumor DNAs by the NIH 3T3 focus assay, whereas activated protooncogenes were detected in 11 of 13 tumor DNAs by the NIH 3T3 cotransfection-nude mouse ..."