Definition of Nuisance abatement
1. Noun. (law) the removal or termination or destruction of something that has been found to be a nuisance.
Generic synonyms: Abatement
Specialized synonyms: Asbestos Abatement
Category relationships: Jurisprudence, Law
Nuisance Abatement Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nuisance Abatement Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nuisance Abatement
Literary usage of Nuisance abatement
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Preventing Gang & Drug Related Witness Intimidation by Peter Finn (1996)
"nuisance abatement Orders Against Street Gangs The newest and perhaps most controversial civil approach is nuisance abatement lawsuits against entire street ..."
2. Law of Real Property: Being a Complete Compendium of Real Estate Law by Emerson Etheridge Ballard, Tilghman Ethan Ballard, Arthur Walker Blakemore (1902)
"House encroaching on public street as a nuisance—Abatement without notice to remove. A house erected on leased premises by the lessee so as to encroach on a ..."
3. The Codes of California as Amended and in Force at the Close of the Forty by James Manford Kerr, California (1922)
"II.1 NUISANCE—ABATEMENT—ACTION BY WHOM. g 731 compensation for the commissioner's services, but in no case to exceed the sum of ten dollars. ..."
4. Using Civil Remedies for Criminal Behavior: Rationale, Case Studies by Peter Finn (1994)
"Other States have nuisance abatement statutes, at least some of which, like the Washington State Moral Nuisance Law enacted in June 1988, include drugs ..."
5. The American and English Railroad Cases: A Collection of All Cases Affecting by Frank Cyrus Smith, Thomas Johnson Michie, United States Courts, Great Britain Courts, Canada Courts (1910)
"Nuisance—Abatement—Evidence.*—This is an action by plaintiff to obtain an ... Nuisance—Abatement—Evidence.—The evidence does not show the vibration to be of ..."