Definition of Nutating
1. nutate [v] - See also: nutate
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nutating Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nutating
nutating (current term)
Literary usage of Nutating
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Water Meter: Its Difficulties, Types and Applications: A Manual of by Walter G. Kent (1893)
"... in construction from its fellows that a short description may be of interest. The "nutating" It is termed a " nutating Meter," and the displacer (and ..."
2. The Natural History of Plants: Their Forms, Growth, Reproduction, and by Anton Kerner von Marilaun (1902)
"They have not to interweave through the interlacing branches of an underwood; ringed tendrils are suitable there, but not tendrils with long nutating ..."
3. Practical Plant Physiology: An Introduction to Original Research for by Wilhelm Detmer, S. A. (Samuel Albert) Moor (1898)
"If we make an ink-mark on a nutating epicotyl of Phaseolus at the place of ... From this it is clear that the originally nutating parts of the epicotyl ..."
4. Mantech Project Book, 1992 (1993)
"The basic 3- axis gantry machine was converted to 5-axis by the addition of a 2-axis nutating head. The nutating head design challenge was to simultaneously ..."
5. A Student's Text-book of Botany by Sydney Howard Vines (1896)
"... represents the position of the apex of the stem were it n-< nutating, but were it in a straight line with the older parts which have censed m grow. ..."
6. Lectures on the Physiology of Plants by Sydney Howard Vines (1886)
"We have dealt, so far, with those phenomena of nutation which would be best observed by looking down from above upon a nutating apex, that is, ..."
7. A University Text-book of Botany by Douglas Houghton Campbell (1907)
"The length of the nutating apex may be considerable (about 40 cm. in the Hop), and the time required for a complete revolution varies greatly, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Nutating