¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nutmeat
1. the edible kernel of a nut [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nutmeat Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nutmeat
Literary usage of Nutmeat
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal by California Legislature (1905)
"The examination was made at the request of the California nutmeat Company of San Francisco, with a view to the manufacture of paste from California-grown ..."
2. Income Opportunities in Special Forest Products: Self-Help Suggestions for by Margaret G. Thomas (1994)
"However, the yield of nutmeat is very small— only 6-1/2 to 9 percent of the nut can be recovered and sold as nutmeat. The company hopes to increase the ..."
3. Practical Cooking and Serving: A Complete Manual of how to Select, Prepare by Janet McKenzie Hill (1902)
"When cold spread the tops with White Mountain frosting and decorate with half a nutmeat. Or add half a cup of nutmeats, broken in pieces, to a maple sugar ..."
4. Cruising the Eastern Caribbean by Laura Rapp (2004)
"The interior nutmeat of the fruit is ground to produce nutmeg, while the shells are used like gravel to line walkways and driveways. ..."
5. The Artichoke Trail: A Guide to Vegetarian Restaurants, Organic Food Stores by James Bernard Frost (2000)
"It comes with kush (a wonderfully spiced grain dish made with whole-wheat bulghur), nutmeat (a tangy, flavorful paste made with sunflower seeds, ..."
6. The New Dietetics, what to Eat and how: A Guide to Scientific Feeding in by John Harvey Kellogg (1921)
"4.3 36.5 17.9 58.7 Fillet of nutmeat 12.2 17.7 21.2 54.1 Filling, Fruit 5.8 40.2 49.2 95.2 Lemon 2.9 33.7 63.0 99.6 Orange 3.5 18.7 64.6 86. ..."