Definition of Nutrify
1. Verb. Give nourishment to.
Generic synonyms: Feed, Give
Derivative terms: Aliment, Alimentation, Alimentation, Alimentative, Nourishment, Nutrient, Nutrient, Nutrition
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nutrify Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nutrify
Literary usage of Nutrify
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Dublin Journal of Medical Science (1872)
"But in diabetes, instead of being thus adapted to nutrify the tissues, the material undergoes a retrograde metamorphosis (Evolution retrograde), ..."
2. The Retrospect of Medicine by William Braithwaite (1882)
"But so soon as this stage has passed, and paralysis and wasting have set in, means having for their object to nutrify the nervous centres and the muscles ..."
3. The Origin of Life and Process of Reproduction in Plants and Animals: With by Frederick Hollick (1878)
"J _ . by which it first begins to nutrify itself, and plants once vigorous and healthy. Many va- HERE- THEN-IB THB ™TUKE MAN, ..."
4. Transactions of the American Dental Association at Its ... Annual Session by American Dental Association (1883)
"... a simple disconnection, at the apex of the root, of tissues once passing through to nutrify the dentine and other parts of the tooth. ..."