Definition of Nuzzers
1. nuzzer [n] - See also: nuzzer
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nuzzers Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nuzzers
Literary usage of Nuzzers
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The British Critic, and Quarterly Theological Review by James Shergold Boone, John Henry Newman (1798)
"... on white handkerchiefs, each of our names being announced at the time we offered them. The King received the whole, and gave the nuzzers to ..."
2. The Asiatic Annual Register: Or, A View of the History of Hindustan, and of edited by Lawrence Dundas Campbell, E. Samuel (1803)
"... the principal men of the city, who ufed, on that day, to offer their nuzzers ... offer nuzzers to the governor only, and that that would be con- ..."
3. Asiatic Researches; Or, Transactions of the Society, Instituted in Bengal by India) Asiatick Society (Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal, Vernor and Hood (1807)
"... and presented our nuzzers on white handkerchiefs, each of our names being ... and gave the nuzzers to Mirza Akber Shah, and two other princes who sat on ..."
4. Indian Reminiscences: Or, The Bengal Moofussul Miscellany by George Augustus Addison (1837)
"This will cost you some money, in nuzzers to his majesty, to Acbar Shah, the heir apparent, ... To the nuzzers ..."
5. The Parliamentary Register by Parliament, Great Britain (1784)
"... continue to receive nuzzers, and carry them to the Company's account. Our other honourable colleague-, who was now a member of the ..."
6. The History of British India by James Mill, Horace Hayman Wilson (1858)
"The following document contains a similar affirmation, respecting the failure of former regulations. " By the rules established in 1772, all nuzzers or ..."
7. The Works of the Right Honorable Edmund Burke by Edmund Burke (1891)
"... which is about £3000; and when we consider that he was in the receipt of near £30000, besides the nuzzers, which amount to several thousand a year, ..."