Definition of One of the boys
1. Noun. A man who has been socially accepted into a group of other men. "He quickly became one of the boys"
One Of The Boys Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: One Of The Boys Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of One Of The Boys
Literary usage of One of the boys
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Rebellion Record: A Diary of American Events, with Documents, Narratives by Frank Moore, Edward Everett (1862)
"one of the boys said to Col. Coburn, " We'll have to retreat." Another sturdy little fellow stepped up and swore he was not of the running kind, ..."
2. American Journal of Education (1862)
"The four companies are subdivided into sections of eleven, over each of which one of the boys is placed, with the title of overseer, or corporal, ..."
3. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1922)
""A. one of the boys were coming near me. "Q. Who was he? "A. Onr of them that was in here ... thinking thnt perhaps some one of the boys would shoot at him. ..."
4. The American Journal of Education by Henry Barnard (1862)
"The four companies are subdivided into sections of eleven, over each of which one of the boys is placed, with the title of overseer, or corpora], ..."
5. The American Agriculturist (1846)
"one of the boys who took a premium was a little fellow of eleven years, and the pertinency of his answers frequently elicited bursts of applause. ..."
6. The Works of the Reverend John Wesley, A.M. by John Wesley (1840)
"But there was not yet any answer to prayer, nor any deliverance. one of the boys, then another, then one and another of the maids, earnestly poured out ..."
7. The Social Welfare Forum: Official Proceedings [of The] Annual Meeting by National Conference on Social Welfare, American Social Science Association (1883)
"About five months ago one of the boys in one of these places could not stand the treatment and ran away. It is one of the plans to treat them so that after ..."
Other Resources Relating to: One of the boys