Definition of Open circuit
1. Noun. An incomplete electrical circuit in which no current flows.
Open Circuit Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Open Circuit Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Open Circuit
Literary usage of Open circuit
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Principles of Alternating Current Machinery by Ralph Restieaux Lawrence (1920)
"An open-circuit winding, as its name signifies, is not closed on itself. In an open-circuit winding there is a continuous path through the conductors of ..."
2. Biennial Report by Nebraska Roads and Irrigation Dept (1906)
"The open-circuit characteristics of the induction motor sometimes called the "excitation" curves are two in number, plotted as in figure i. ..."
3. A Dictionary of Electrical Words, Terms and Phrases by Edwin James Houston (1903)
"tery which is normally on open circuit, and which is used continuously on ... Open-Circuit Burglar-Alarm.—A burglar alarm whose battery is normally on open ..."
4. Dyke's Automobile and Gasoline Engine Encyclopedia by Andrew Lee Dyke (1920)
"open circuit principle; when the arm (B), fig. 2, is raised, contact is made with tungsten point screw (C). This closes the primary circuit but it is ..."
5. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers by American Institute of Electrical Engineers (1913)
"The generator is first tested with the armature winding on open circuit and ... In the open-circuit test, the armature core is the only part subjected to ..."
6. The Electrical Engineer (1893)
"(6) The series, open circuit, or star coupling is shown in Fig. 8. ... Series, or open circuit, or Star Drehstrom Coupling. complicated task ; but it can ..."
7. A Course in Electrical Engineering by Chester Laurens Dawes (1922)
"Open-circuit Test.—Figure 177 shows a transformer having the low side ... Connections for open-circuit test. This power goes to supply the primary PR loss ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Open circuit