Definition of Orchard grass
1. Noun. Widely grown stout Old World hay and pasture grass.
Orchard Grass Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Orchard Grass Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Orchard Grass
Literary usage of Orchard grass
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report by Ohio State Board of Agriculture (1892)
"A Member: What is the proper time to sow orchard grass? ... A Member: Mr. Chairman, I indorse what Mr. Bonham eays about orchard grass, only there are one ..."
2. Bulletin by North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station (Fargo) (1899)
"orchard grass. (Dactylis glomerata.). orchard grass or cock's foot is another of the more popular of the list of grasses grown in the Eastern and Middle ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1905)
"southern grasses, red-top, orchard grass, brome grass, grasses of minor importance and those for special conditions. The book will be especially useful to ..."
4. Report of the Secretary of Agriculture by United States Dept. of Agriculture (1882)
"Italian rye grass, orchard grass, the clovers, tall meadow oat grass, ... Kentucky bhie grass, orchard grass, herds grass (called red top in New England), ..."
5. Forage Plants and Their Culture by Charles Vancouver Piper (1914)
"Orchard-grass and tall oat-grass are well adapted to a broad belt south of the area in ... ORCHARD-GRASS 174. Description. — Orchard-grass, in England ..."
6. Forage Plants and Their Culture by Charles Vancouver Piper (1914)
"Orchard-grass and tall oat-grass are well adapted to a broad belt south of the area in ... Orchard-grass, in England commonly called cock's-foot or rough ..."
7. The Book of Grasses: An Illustrated Guide to the Common Grasses, and the by Mary Francis Baker (1912)
"The stout stems grow rapidly, and when clover fields are sweet with blossoms the coarse panicles of orchard grass are painted with large anthers of purple ..."
8. Works of Fisher Ames: With a Selection from His Speeches and Correspondence by Fisher Ames (1854)
"MY DEAR FRIEND, — The very hour and minute that I received and was reading your letter about Mr. Salisbury's experiments on my orchard grass-seed, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Orchard grass