Definition of Order testacea
1. Noun. Testacean rhizopods.
Generic synonyms: Animal Order
Group relationships: Rhizopoda, Subclass Rhizopoda
Member holonyms: Testacean, Arcellidae, Family Arcellidae, Genus Difflugia
Order Testacea Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Order Testacea Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Order Testacea
Literary usage of Order testacea
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dictionary of Geology and Mineralogy: Comprising Such Terms in Botany by William Humble (1843)
"... It.) Belonging to the order testacea ; having a strong thick shell, the calcareous portion of which consists of carbonate of lime. ..."
2. Encyclopædia Americana: A Popular Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Francis Lieber, Edward Wigglesworth, Thomas Gamaliel Bradford, Henry Vethake (1851)
"... in the class vermes, and the species bearing shells in the order testacea of the same class. The 10th edition, which appeared in 1758, one year after ..."
3. American Edition of the British Encyclopedia: Or, Dictionary of Arts and ...by William Nicholson by William Nicholson (1819)
"They do not thrive with us excepting in a stove. CARDIUM, in natural history, the cockle, a genus of worms of the order Testacea ..."
4. Transactions of the Linnean Society of London by Linnean Society of London (1804)
"If, therefore, the genus Sabella is admissible in the order Testacea, its several animal inhabitants, like those of real shells, would become a secondary ..."
5. Encyclopædia Americana: A Popular Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature by Thomas Gamaliel Bradford (1851)
"... in the class vermes, and the species bearing shells in tiie order testacea of the same class. The 10th edition, which appeared in 1758, one year after ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Order testacea