Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Oropesa Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Oropesa
Literary usage of Oropesa
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History of the War in the Peninsula and in the South of France: From the by William Francis Patrick Napier (1842)
"... but the first only was fit for heavy artillery, and it was blocked, partially by the fortress of Peniscola, and completed by the fort of oropesa. ..."
2. History of the Peninsular War by Robert Southey (1832)
"This was not effected without loss, and they had not yet brought up their battering train ; it was to come from Tortosa, and the little fort of oropesa in ..."
3. Travels in South America: From the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean by Paul Marcoy (1875)
"The village of oropesa.—Why called oropesa the Heroic.—The traveller has another squabble with his guide.—Sketch of San Jeronimo. ..."
4. History of the War in the Peninsula and in the South of France: From the by William Francis Patrick Napier (1862)
"... abandons the British hospitals at Talavera to the enemy, and retreats upon oropesa—Dangerous position of the allies—Sir Arthur ..."
5. Origin and Services of the Coldstream Guards by Daniel MacKinnon (1833)
"... at Abrantes—Stations of the corps under Victor, Sebastiani, Soult, and Mortier— Allies move on Placentia, form a junction with the Spaniards at oropesa, ..."
6. The Lexington Papers: Or, Some Account of the Courts of London and Vienna by Robert Sutton Lexington (1851)
"The Conde de oropesa returned to Court yesterday morning, and kissed the King's hand, and is named by will one of the Governors of the kingdom, ..."
7. The Geographical and Historical Dictionary of America and the West Indies by Antonio de Alcedo, George Alexander Thompson (1814)
"The other settlements are, oropesa, Acos, of the district of Tolten Alto in the kingdom of Chile, on the shore of the river ..."