Definition of Oryzopsis
1. Noun. Rice grass.
Generic synonyms: Liliopsid Genus, Monocot Genus
Group relationships: Family Graminaceae, Family Gramineae, Family Poaceae, Graminaceae, Gramineae, Grass Family, Poaceae
Member holonyms: Rice Grass, Ricegrass
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Oryzopsis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Oryzopsis
Literary usage of Oryzopsis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Flora of Pennsylvania by Thomas Conrad Porter (1903)
"316.) In woods, NS to BC, NJ, Minn, and in the Rocky Mountains to N. Мех.—Pennsylvania: MONROE; LUZERNE : HUNTINGDON ; BLAIR ; ERIE ; SOMERSET. 4. oryzopsis ..."
2. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord Britton, Addison Brown (1913)
"About 24 species, distributed through temperate and subtropical regions, rarely extending into Type species : oryzopsis asperifolia Michx. ..."
3. New Manual of Botany of the Central Rocky Mountains (vascular Plants) by John Merle Coulter (1909)
"... the strongly scabrous midrib excurrent in a short point; awn slender, 6 mm. long.—Throughout our range. 4. oryzopsis asperifolia Michx. Fl. Bor. Am. 1:. ..."
4. Rhodora by New England Botanical Club (1902)
"Panicum firmum Kunth, was based on Milium pungens Torr., which is certainly oryzopsis canadensis. The descriptions of oryzopsis ..."
5. Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club by Torrey Botanical Club (1894)
"334. Stipa viridula Trin. Mem. Acad. St. Petersb. (VI.) 2: 39 (1838). Stipa sparita Hook. Fl. Bor. Am. 2: 237 (1840) not Trin. 19. oryzopsis Michx. Fl. Bor. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Oryzopsis