Definition of Os triquetrum
1. Noun. A wrist bone that articulates with the pisiform and hamate and lunate bones.
Generic synonyms: Carpal, Carpal Bone, Wrist Bone
Medical Definition of Os triquetrum
1. A bone on the medial (ulnar) side of the proximal row of the carpus, articulating with the lunate, pisiform, and hamate. Synonym: os triquetrum, cubital bone, os pyramidale, os triangulare, pyramidal bone, pyramidale, three-cornered bone, triquetrum. (05 Mar 2000)
Os Triquetrum Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Os Triquetrum Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Os Triquetrum
Literary usage of Os triquetrum
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy by Royal Irish Academy (1877)
"Fig. 4. The os triquetrum of right hand. Fig. 5. The two bones in the left hand corresponding with the os triquetrum of the right hand. ..."
2. The Dog by William Youatt (1852)
"os triquetrum, or triangulare. 13.13. 13. 13. The first digits of the fore-feet 7. ... os triquetrum—the triangular bone. four bones of the ..."
3. The British Journal of Homoeopathy edited by John James Drysdale, Robert Ellis Dudgeon, Richard Hughes, John Rutherfurd Russell (1876)
"... of the head (os triquetrum), also the spine of a man slain by a violent death ; the os triquetrum of a pig, the ear-bones of a calf, the stone out of a ..."
4. A Text-book of Fractures and Dislocations: With Special Reference to Their by Kellogg Speed (1916)
"The anterior plate shows the evidence of navicular or os triquetrum fracture and ... Fractures of the os triquetrum are usually very small and involve the ..."
5. Cunningham's Manual of Practical Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham, Arthur Robinson (1914)
"... Facies dorsalis Facies volaris Facies lateralis Margo dorsalis Margo volaris Carpus Os naviculare Os lunatum os triquetrum Os ..."